Monday, October 19, 2009

Beechwood Epiphany and Death of a F6

I hate Beechwood. The Curtes clan are the most twisted, sick, sadistic individuals on two wheels. I do not like you guys because you make it look so easy, which makes me feel more like shit. I am finished--physically and emotionally.

So, my single-track racing career has come to a close and I do not feel bad about it. Two laps at the Beech was the nail in the coffin to 3 years of mediocre, single-track race results. Never DFL, but never to my standards.

Beechwood also was the last race for the 2006 C-Dale. Way too many problems in 2009 for my liking and patience. Winter months will consist of research for building the 29er for the only race that matters in 2010. I may even take a bigger leap in 2010 with one gear--I think it may be time to get back to the basics.

Do I hate the Beechwood Blaster? No, not, never, ever. Mike and Jay are some of the friendliest people I have met and they know how to throw one hell of a party. Great race, great food, great home brews, great conversation, and most of all, just a great vibe. I just feel privileged that these guys ask me to race, even though I suck bad. Thanks guys for the invite--I will pay double the entry fee in 2010 if you let me come back.

Now, just rest. Five straight weekends of racing has taken its toll. One week off, then 4 weeks more of CycloCX, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Cheq entry, CX Skiing, building the 29, and severe weight loss.

Then it starts all over again in 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment